Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Riverdog Roleplay

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Female Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:30 pm

OK basically, I love Redwall, they're a series of books by Brian Jacques and you guys should really read them, they are fantastic. So I'm making a roleplay on otters, my fav Redwall creature, all characters can talk to one another and there can be warriors, pirates etc and clans. In the books, animals are in two halves, theres the bad guys, often called vermin: ferrets, stoats,weasels, foxes and rats and then theres the good guys: Mice, badgers, hedgehogs, some foxes, otters and moles. You can choose what side to be on regardless of species. You can make and join clans, and it would be best to do that before we start rping. My character is called Deyna Riverback, and he is an otter warrior, he's strong and an excellent swordsman. Otters are usually very good with bows and arrows btw. He is the leader of a clan called the Riverbacks (so called because when otters are born, their backs are dipped into running water as a ceremony). Anyone can join the clan, otter or not and there can only be a maximum of two badgers in the rp at the moment because they are huge warriors and we cant have ten stomping about. So lets start ^^

Deyna stood by the bank of the river watching and waiting for the moment to strike, his webbed and scarred paw moving closer to the water, then he struck. He raised his hands from the river, they were full of watershrimp, he grinned. Watershrimp were a favourite of the otters and they often made soups and stews with them. Deyna put the shrimp into a leather pouch attatched to his belt. His belt was large and held his sword, and three leather pouches, it also had bells attatched all the way around, it is said that when an enemy heard these bells, it would be the last sound they ever heard again. Deyna had quite a reputation and no vermin ever wanted to cross blades with a Riverback, they were among the strongest in all of Mossflower.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Female Number of posts : 2239
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 5:46 am

[ooh I never finished the series but yes they are amazing!]

A shadow moved, like a bird, crossing from one tree to the next. There were a tight ring of oaks, which was backed by spruce, maple, and beech. However, it was the ring of oaks that drew attention, for strange patterns and runes were carved into them to create a beautiful, and quite terrifying, image of the supernatural. Apart from that, there was a thin banner made of woven holly leaves, oak leaves, and thistles which surrounded the circle from about midway up. The ground was smooth and grassy, with weeds growing here and there, and a bountiful vegetable garden int he center, of which small holes int he ground and rocky outcroppings surrounded. The shadow moved again, but, instead of wings, two short arms flew out and then folded back in, coiling like a spring and bouncing back up for the landing. A light brown stoat, with a black tipped tail and a cream colored stomach laughed, leaning back against the trunk from his perch on the branch and watching with mild interest from his standpoint, keeping guard for the village. He was a warrior, with a small blue hawk feather in his hat and a slim quiver stocked with arrows slung over his back. A shapely long bow lay at his side, the snaking carvings upon it glimmering in the afternoon sun. Falk was a stoat, and not just any stoat, he was a Treeflier, a clan of stoats that uses a good group of warriors that spend most, if not all, of their time in trees. However, Falk was the only one who came up this high, and he was a respected, if not a bit young, warrior because of it. Also being one of the best archers in all Mossflower, including among his own clan, he often toyed and spent a lot of time that could be spent farming, another Treeflier specialty, carving arrows and making his quiver travel-quality.
Back to top Go down
http://silverswood.roleplaylife.net
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Deyna made his way back to the clan that were patrolling the area by the river, their territory. He gave the pouch of watershrimp to Fleetfoot, their appointed cook. "Nice an' fresh they are Fleetfoot, did Brookwood find any 'otroot? I fancy some 'otroot soup, don't you?" he asked, paws rested on the hilt of his sword. Unlike most vermin, otter leaders were strict but fair.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 am

There were pouches in the quiver, and as Falk slid it off of his shoulder, he dug a paw into one and produced a small bundle of carrots, of which he began to munch on quite happily, looking about with his beady eyes for intruders. He saw a shadow through the grass, far, far below him, at the base of his tree. Falk stood, leaning over to get a better view and cocking an arrow into his bow with excellent speed and skill. A pair of soft gloves came with it, and they form-fitted to Falk's hands like glue. A rat poked its head out of the grass, its small, beady eyes shining with greed as it spied a freshly made butternut pie left out to cool in the breeze. Falk slid down the trunk of the tree, hopping and leaping from branch to branch. FInally, from a perch about a stoatslength away from the rat, he said,
"Halt, fiend! [i've always wanted to say this ^^] What's your business here, and keep your eyes on me and not that pie you'd be a stealin!" Quick hands of the female stoat inside the small hut withdrew the pie quickly, and the rat glared angrily up at the young hero. It lunged towards the house, giving quite a scary moan of some sorts, its claws tearing at the fragile home. An arrow, and then another pierced its side, and it took three more before it finally lay dead in the wreckage, lifeless eyes staring at the other half of the hut where a maiden was perched, scared half to death.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Deyna rose his hands to silence Fleetfoot and strained his seasoned ears as he heard screams and battle cries nearby. Deyna suddenly summoned five of his best fighters with a quick hand movement and ran swiftly towards where the sounds had come from.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Falk saw more approaching and sighed, they had to choose the prettiest day of the year to start a war. But first, he stepped over the rat and took the maiden's hand, saying,
"Come on, Halora, let's go see what the trouble is. And bring that pie, just in case!" The female stoat, a brilliant snowy white with a black tail tip and the same beady eyes, only a bit larger and quite frankly, prettier, took the hem of her skirts and ripped, allowing for more leg room and for the fabric to be used to cover the pie. Lora followed Falk to where he met the otters, which were slightly bigger than him and certainly more strong. The stoat's were more of a quick, lithe, graceful bunch with bows and arrows and knife jugglers every once and a while. Lora was more of a house stoat, living on her own after her parents died last winter on the edge of town, and she had quite the knife collection to protect herself. BUt she hadn't seen the rat in time and she was thankful Falk had been there, with his quick wit, otherwise she and her famous butternut pie would have been scarfed down.
"Greetings, visitors. What business do you have here?" questioned Falk, standing just on the edge of the trees, where their village began. In the trees, other warriors were gathering, but their bows were all stored on their backs and they were only there to make sure things ran smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:41 pm

Deyna looked around, his quick, dark brown eyes looked back and forth, he saw about twenty-five stoats in the trees and was sure there were more, he was not stupid and would not risk his warrior's safety or wish to start a war with the neighbours. "Greetings there Falk, you can at least use ma' name, I'm sure you know it already" he knew that the stoat warriors often watched them from the trees. "What happened here?" he asked when he saw the dead rat with arrows buried int it's dirty grey fur. Deyna held his paw up to his warriors, signalling them to relax, he knew Falk wouldn't attack them without reason and hoped to continue to live peacefully with him and his followers.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:57 am

"Sorry Denya, I've been a little busy. As you can see, more vermin tried to get in today." He angrily swept a paw towards the rat, "Now we've to rebuild Halora's house. You remember Halora from the last feast, don't you?" She smiled and waved from where she stood, the pie balanced easily in one hand. He was glad that the otters hadn't wanted anything more, the rat had alarmed him again and his nerves were a bit on edge. His father and mother had been slaves for a rat troupe, common vermin, but when they had escaped and discovered Mossflower, they sought to make a new life. Rats bothered him, just as any other vermin did, because his mother died from infected wounds, his father soon after.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Deyna grinned and heartily clapped Falk on the back "Oh thats alright matey, 'tis understandable" Deyna bowed low to the stoat female, "of course" he said with a smile, then turned back to Falk, "so any more dealin's with vermin scum apart from this'un?" he asked with a well aimed kick at the rat's body.
[XD I love talkin' like an otter matey!]
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 pm

"No, we've been oddly safe these past few suns. I've been thinking that perhaps the vermin are planning sumthin? No matter, thanks for coming over and seeing what the trouble was." Lora stepped forward and offered Denya the pie.
"Here, we stoats are going to get fat from all the harvest we've had. Usually we lose so many crops to the rats that we've just enough to get by full, but now we've an overabundance."

[lol imagine Falk with an australian acccent and Halora/ other stoats with a british one. Very Happy yayy otters]
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:46 pm

[XD ok]

Deyna smiled and pushed the pie back with a strong paw, "thank ye, really but you made it, I wouldn't want to take food away from such a pretty stoat maid as you" he then patted his stomach, "anyway, I got some watershrimp and hotroot soup waitin' for me". Deyna stopped and thought for a moment, "hmm, how about you join us mateys?, plenty o' soup for all, an' you can bring that pie for dessert Halora" the brawny otter smiled at the duo.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:52 pm

"Sounds as good as any, and I'll thank you for that!" said Falk, "Besides I get off duty just about now. Halora?" The maiden smiled.
"Of course, how could I not accept soup from an otter!? And besides, I'll be bunking with you tonight, Falk, and we'll work on the hosue tomorrow." She was an easy-going stoat, she didn't much care if her house was ruined or not.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Deyna smiled and bowed again, "Hmmm, would you like some help with the house o' yours?, my otters will be glad o' somethin' to do." he said with a nod at his second in command, Fleetfoot.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:19 am

"Perhaps tomorrow," replied Lora with a large smile, "I dunno if Falk can manage gathering the twigs and braiding grass and putting it together, what with the rest of the warriors on duty and the others getting ready for our annual Springfest. By the way, are you Riverbacks joining us this year, along with the Spinebacks [hedgehogs]?"
"Yeah, I don't think its Springfest without you guys!" added Falk merrily.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Deyna winked, "of course we are, I wouldn't miss it for the world" he said with a big, hearty grin.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:50 pm

"Good," replied Falk, returning the grin.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Deyna looked back towards his clan territory and beckoned Falk to follow him, he set off on a swift jog, the bells around his belt ringing in his ears. The five otters that accompanied them followed the group. Finally they reached the Riverback clan. Deyna walked up to the Skipper's tent, opening the door allowing Falk and Halora to enter. Fleetfoot entered a little while after, "Fleetfoot, is that soup ready?" Deyna asked his captain. "Aye Skipper, I'll go fetch three bowls" Fleetfoot said before whisking off.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 pm

Falk sat down at the large oaken table to his right, beckoning Halora to follow his lead. She smiled at the Skipper and left her pie with him, sitting next to the male stoat.
"It's so nice here," she exclaimed looking around the tent. She had also been eyeing everything they had walked past as they came in.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 pm

[Seeing as theres only us, which is fine for me, I dont mind, do you want to play vermin aswell? You could be a clan leader and I'll be one of your followers?"

Deyna sat at the head of the table, "why thank' ee marm, we do try, 'tis what seperates us from the vermin, eh mates?"he said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:12 am

[surely. I'll be an good badger-turned bad if that's ohkay with you. they're fun ^^]
"Exactly," said Falk, relaxing.
-------------------------------------------
On the outskirts of Mossflower, danger laid in wait.

"Where do the Treefliers make camp?" asked a gruff voice, and a small mouse squirmed in the grip of the two weasels that held his arms. A large badger turned to face the mouse, and it screeched in terror. It's eyes were black like an abyss, and scars covered him, a particularly nasty one going through his left eye. he wore a purple cape and a belt that had a large collection of knives in an array of sheaths.
'Do not make me ask you again," he said in a dangerously level voice, one of his large claws pulling out a knife thin enough to slice through ribs easily. The mouse could not speak, and before he had gathered his thoughts he was dead, knife through heart.
"No matter," stated the badger, pulling out the knife and cleaning it on the grass, "he was merely a confirmant. The locations of both the Treefliers and The Riverbacks have already been found." His eyes glittered dangerously as he moved about his men with ease.
"We move at dawn!" He walked back to his own large tent and stood outside it, alone, looking at the small lights glittering brilliantly.
"Get ready,Mossflower," he whispered, "The circus is in town." The badger laughed cruelly, before disppearing into the tent. His name was Troupe, and he specialled in certain acts of magic and mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Grubbin was a sly male fox. His ears had a few nicks and he had one scar trailing from underneath his right eye to his top lip. He wore a thick belt about his waist that held a scimitar and three knives, he also had a bow and arrows fastened to his back via red sash that draped from his left shoulder to his right hip. Grubbin was Troupe's second in command and was also his assassin. "Go get the Cheif some food now!" the red fox growled in his cruel voice at the two weasels as they scurried away, mumbling to one another. Grubbin then made his way into the tent that the large badger had entered previously, his large, bushy tail the last thing to enter. "Cheif, what are our movements?, The Riverbacks and Treefliers are a strong adversary, we must not underestermate their strength and wisdom, both of their leaders will fight together Sir." Grubbin said, standing to attention. He was an asset to the badger cheif and Troupe would not allow any other vermin, apart than Grubbin, to talk to him in this manner, the fox was experienced in war and blood and death.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:35 pm

The badger had his back turned when Grubbin entered, and he stayed that way, the violet cape about his shoulders. Finally he turned, and looked at Grubbin.
"The TreeFliers and Riverbacks are friends, and I know that they are most likely the largest force in Mossflower. However, they have one weakness. And it is this one weakness that we will catch them at, and before they even realize what's happening, they'll all be slaves." He laughed, high and cruel, before continuing.
"Do you know what that weakness is, Grubbin?"
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Grubbin shook his head silently, waiting for the badger lord to continue.
Back to top Go down
quicksilvermoon
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
quicksilvermoon

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Troupe grinned.
"It's almost Springfest, and those idiots'll be so drunk they won't tell vermin," he showed off his knife collection, "from circus performer." On cue he lifted a glossy white mask to his face that voered half of it, leaving him looking quite circus-like. The badger tosses a livid green mask to Grubbin.
"The slaves are making us all nice little costumes and such as well."
Back to top Go down
Masked
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Masked

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Grubbin turned the bright green mask between his paws, his face turned into a toothy grin. "Chief, this is a brilliant plan!" the fox said almost hopping from paw to paw as he put his own mask on, his large ears stuck up in the air as he immitated a hare, jumping and laughing, "I'm an 'are thats a fox, an' a fox thats an 'are wot wot!" he shouted before laughing and displaying a sinister grin, "this is going to be fun, my lord" he said with a sneer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riverdog Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riverdog Roleplay   Riverdog Roleplay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riverdog Roleplay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next