Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which is Better?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lanceythedog
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Lanceythedog

Female Number of posts : 3359
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Which is Better? Empty
PostSubject: Which is Better?   Which is Better? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:21 pm

I've been trying to decide which program I should buy for my art. So are Paint Shop Pro or Open Canvas better than Photoshop? And if they are, should I get Paint Shop Pro or Open Canvas? If any of you could answer these questions, that'd be great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lanceythedog.deviantart.com/
Seto
Stranger
Stranger
Seto

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Which is Better? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is Better?   Which is Better? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:19 pm

I don't think there is a proper answer to that question because I think those two programs are too different to say which one is "better". Open Canvas (as far as I know) is a program especially created for digital art which provides lots of different brush tools an artist needs to create wonderful digital artwork. Ah, yes, and you can rotate the canvas like you would do with a sheet of paper, very useful for inking. Although you can also create great artwork in Paint Shop Pro (and lots of people actually do), it's not an art program. Creating digital art is only one thing you can do with Paint Shop Pro, you can also use it for photomanipulation and for creating avatars, wallpapers, layouts for your website or stuff like that. I would recommend you to download a trial version of both and then buy the one you like better and while testing: what about trying GIMP? In some points its as "powerful" as Photoshop and it's freeware.
Back to top Go down
http://workingkelpie.deviantart.com
Lanceythedog
Omega Wolf
Omega Wolf
Lanceythedog

Female Number of posts : 3359
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Which is Better? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is Better?   Which is Better? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 12:42 am

Okay, thanks. ^^
Yeah, I have GIMP. But I see some things are better, and I just want a taste for something different. But thanks. c:
Back to top Go down
http://lanceythedog.deviantart.com/
sharegetknowledge
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Which is Better? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is Better?   Which is Better? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Photoshop is a good software for designing, you can design good website also, check this www.worldimages.com good home pages background.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which is Better? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is Better?   Which is Better? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is Better?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Art talk :: Art Programs & Traditional media-
Jump to: