Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kora
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kora

Female Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love Empty
PostSubject: Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love   Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 am

GIMP is a very useful and hacking off and atrocious program :3 personally he is hacking me off but sometimes he is helping "his"(what I took down) brushes.
I recommend because he has much function and it is possible nicely to draw with the effect of the scanned ballpoint pen and pencil ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://www.kora-wolf.deviantart.com
Seto
Stranger
Stranger
Seto

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love   Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Well, I actually had a lot of trouble with the 2.0 version. It "collapsed" (I'm not sure if a program can "collapse" but I'm too lazy to look it up xD) all the time and I really had to save every single step I did; anyways, I've read that I was not the only one with that program, that makes me somehow happy xD Nevertheless, it's a great program for all those who can't (or just don't want to) spend money for a program like Open Canvas or Paint Shop Pro (although they're actually very cheap compared to Photoshop), in my opinion it has everything you need to draw and to create nice graphics. The acutal 2.4 version seems to run quite stable and now it's possible to use Photoshop brushes directly in GIMP. You are even able to use downloadable Photoshop filters, you simply need to download a certain file which I forgot how it's called... I will check this out later.

The only "bad" things are that using quite big brushes in their original size can be a pain in the neck and it doesn't seem to be able to flip or rotate your brushes, which would be extremely helpful if you use for example grass or leave brushes.
Back to top Go down
http://workingkelpie.deviantart.com
sharegetknowledge
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love   Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Photoshop is a good software for designing, you can design good website also, check this www.worldimages.com good home pages background.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love   Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gimp 2.0 - I hate and I love
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Art talk :: Art Programs & Traditional media-
Jump to: